Dnow Kick-Off REGISTER FOR ONLY $50!
Starts: 6:30 pm Where: Student Building
Wednesday, November 7, we have our early registration for Disciple Now weekend. This event is one of the greatest weekend opportunities we offer in our student ministry. Over the past four years we have seen God do immeasurable things in the lives of students. We offer this ONE NIGHT discount price for several reasons: It saves families money! It creates a buzz about an exciting event! It allows students the chance to invite friends and make plans months in advance. The discount price this year will be $50. After November 7 the cost goes to $85. This year we are making available on the 7th the ability for you to register and pay online. The site will only be live for that one day. Please feel free to register and pay for as many people as you would like. We do need to mention that the early registration fee is non refundable. We will spend that money in the next several months on all the things needed for the weekend. If you would like to serve, we will have sign up areas on the
for volunteers, host homes, and leaders.
Higher Ground Retreat
Starts: Bright and early at 8:00 a.m. Plan to pick up at the fountain at 11:45 Where: Choir Suite
• The retreat will have one purpose: to prepare 7th and 8th graders to effectively share the gospel of Jesus Christ. We will have games and team building activities, work on music, dream and create, and split into groups for missions training. Every student will be introduced to the story "Creation to Christ," and will be setting goals to learn it and share it effectively.
• This day is for any middle schooler who wants to come. We will be preparing for our January Mission Tour, yes, but the things that are learned will be used throughout the year in Higher Ground, as well as years to come. You do not have to be signed up for the January trip to come on Saturday!
• We will begin at 8:00 a.m. In the choir suite! Not 8:15 :) Drag them out of bed…it's good for them!
• We would not have this retreat if it wasn't important. Your time is valuable and it won't be wasted. I know there will be conflicts. Do your best. If you can't be here, I need to know. Hope you can, though.
• Plan to pick up around 11:45 a.m. by the fountain. If your student is interested in a small ensemble or singing a solo..have them stay until 12:30. If they have to leave early, I will work it out. We will do it as quick as possible.
• We will have doughnuts and water, but your may want to bring your own water bottle. No other food will be provided so if you need a snack..bring it.
• Also, I want to encourage you to talk to your kids about why we're doing this. Spend a minute with them this week talking about our theme verse: Matthew 5:6. Discuss as a family what it means to "hunger and thirst for righteousness." Evaluate how your family is doing in this area. Parents..you may learn a few things from your students!
• Our heart's desire is that these 7th and 8th graders will know Christ and make Him known wherever they are. The pull of the world is strong. May we never become complacent!
Hope to see you Saturday.